So, you’ve started talking to someone on apps like tinder and happn by swiping right on their message. But, how do you know when to start the conversation? How do make your online dating apps really count? The best first step is to introduce yourself.
Most people don’t read any of that, however, so instead, just try to be interesting. These means don’t start talking about the weather right away, or how long you’ve been single. Instead, ask interesting open-ended questions like “What is your favourite pizza topping?”, or “If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?”, or “If you were having a dinner party, what 3 people would you invite?”. Ask follow-up questions, and try to get them to talk about their interests. That usually leads to some good conversation.
To make a good first impression, here are a few tips to start a conversation on a dating app
* Partner up. Find someone who has the same interests as you do.
* Read their profile. This way you can get an idea of how the conversation should flow.
* Ask questions. This shows the people that you’re interested.
* Be active. Send like messages and comments. Show that you’re interested and make them feel important.
* Be yourself. Try not to be too shy, say what you think.
* Be flirtatious. But not too flirtatious. Boast about yourself a bit.
* Send a catchy message. Use puns, smileys, emojis, or jokes.